Services for Russian Corporations and Private Equity Investors Interested in Russia
Davidson & Company offers exceptional value-added consulting services to companies interested in transacting direct investments in Russia and other countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States. As a consultant and venture capitalist, Peter Davidson spent more than five years living and working in the Former Soviet Union analyzing companies and investment opportunities with the goal of constructing profitable, mutually beneficial investment vehicles for investors and management.
Mr. Davidson has been involved in or contributed to the following projects in the former Soviet Union:
• Equity valuations of a pharmaceutical company, construction materials manufacturer, and computer assembly company;
• Leading restructuring and turnaround as interim CFO at a computer assembler;
• Cost analysis and cost accounting for an oil refinery;
• Budgeting and planning for agribusiness companies in Ukraine;
• Developing business plans and operating plans for a lease financing subsidiary of a major equipment manufacturer;
• Managed the office of a Big 4 Accounting Firm in the Russian Far East;
• Served on the internal audit committee of a telecommunications company in Moscow; and
• Controller of the Moscow office of a venture capital fund.
Mr. Davidson has worked on projects in the following industries:
|• Heavy Industry / Tractor Manufacturing
|• Computer Manufacturing and Retailing
• Equipment Finance
• Oil and Gas
• Casinos and Gaming
Mr. Davidson worked for two Big Four accounting firms in Russia (Deloitte & Touche and Ernst & Young) where he specialized in equity valuations
and due diligence
. He worked for two venture capital firms (Defense Enterprise Fund and Western NIS Enterprise Fund) and for private equity investment company Access Industries based in New York.
Mr. Davidson has worked on projects across Russia and Ukraine. In addition, while working for the US government he spent time in Novosibirsk, Kishinev (Moldova), and Alma-Aty (Kazakhstan).